Lately, I’ve been on a deep learning journey after my boss suggested that I read the book: “Why Women Rise”. I started whiteboarding a list of the questions I normally ask myself when dreaming about my 1, 3, 5 year plan. It looked like this:
- Am I qualified to do that?
- Is what I have to offer unique?
- Would that make me feel too vulnerable?
- Can I scale a big team without burning out?
- Could I get to that level working remotely?
When daydreaming about our future, we often start with self-doubting and limiting questions. It curtails our confidence. This already puts an immediate strain on our ability to think big and let inspiration flow.
I know so many ambitious, inspiring women who still struggle with this. It’s in our bones because it is the story we have been conditioned to our whole lives.
I’m on a journey to unlearn this way of thinking so that I can be bolder, more confident and make a bigger impact.
- Day dreaming about your future
- Going for that promotion
- Applying for a new job
- Writing that blog post
- Starting down an entrepreneurial path
Read this over and over again and remind yourself that YOU ARE QUALIFIED.
Follow me on this journey by signing up for the newsletter below.